Sports Persons, Agents, Clubs & Businesses
Blacks Solicitors’ specialist Sports Law team in Leeds regularly act for individuals, agents, clubs, associations, manufacturers, retailers, and charitable organisations.
We draw upon a broad range of skills and experience; so we can always find the right person to advise you.
Some of the ways in which we can help you are listed below:
- Agreements (including sponsorship, merchandising, autobiographies etc.)
- Business start-ups
- Commercial Property
- Debt Recovery and Insolvency
- Defamation, Privacy, Media and Reputation Management (including Injunctions)
- Director’s Disqualification Proceedings
- Dispute resolution (including director/shareholder disputes, trustee disputes, and residential/commercial property disputes)
- Employment Law for individuals and businesses (including contracts, disciplinary issues and drugs testing)
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Licensing (including stadium licences)
- Residential Property / Conveyancing
- Sports Injury Assessment
- Wills & Probate (including inheritance disputes)
We assist clients in relation to bringing, or defending, Court proceedings; however we will avoid the need to go to Court wherever possible by using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). ADR can include Arbitration, Mediation, or simple negotiation.
The Team has an envied reputation within the sports industry and are annually recognised for our expertise in The Legal 500.
In addition to our team of legal experts, Blacks’ Sports Consultants (who consist of former and current sportsmen and women) bring to the table vital industry knowledge which extends beyond the law, which means we are able to offer a truly unique service in relation to our clients’ professional and personal lives.
We link into various areas of sports media/networks, enabling us to provide legal perspective on topical sports issues.
In addition, Blacks are members of:
- The British Association for Sport and Law (BASL)
- The Sports Lawyers Association (SLA)
- The International Association of Sports Law (IASL)
Sport in the Community
Blacks also support a number of local sports clubs and individuals. Find out more about our work with the local community here.
For more information about Blacks’ services, or for a free no obligation discussion, please email or call our Sports Law team today on 0113 207 0000.