Location: City Point
Blacks Solicitors LLP is a 26 partner, award winning law firm providing a full range of advice and services to clients.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an IT Assistant to join our busy IT team. This is a fantastic opportunity for those with technical aptitude looking to take their first role in IT. Typical working pattern will be 3 days in the office and 2 days at home.
- Working on the IT Help Desk supporting over 170 Users
- Responding to IT issues that could be hardware or software related
- Ensuring timely resolution of issues (communicating in person and/or via telephone)
- To work as part of a larger IT team delivering a programme of IT Projects
- 70% of your time will typically be spent on the Help Desk working 1st and 2nd Line Support
- 20% of your time will typically be spent on project work (when fully trained)
- 10% of your time will be dedicated to technical training based on your agreed Personal Development Plan
Key skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills
- Positive can do attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 10 preferred)
- Competent Microsoft Office Skills
- Proactive with a desire to learn new technical skills
- Legal experience desirable
- Understanding of SQL desirable
- Experience of Case Management systems desirable (such as Tikit Partner for Windows)
The successful applicant will have the ability to learn quickly with a high attention to detail and the ability to get things done within tight deadlines.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and Covering Letter using the form below.
The firm is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment.This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of age, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.