The Court of Protection is a specialist court safeguarding the rights of those who lack mental capacity or who are vulnerable in making decisions. When an individual lacks capacity, disputes can arise that necessitate an application to the Court.
Our experienced Family Team deals with the contentious aspect of Court of Protection work. In the event of a dispute, we assist clients with the following types of applications:
- disputes surrounding a current care package;
- defending or challenging applications for statutory Wills;
- disputes regarding who should act as Deputy or Attorney;
- disputes as to residence;
- medical and health issues such as disputes as to the withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment, abortion or other serious medical treatment.
Blacks’ Family Team are specialists in this area and will provide expert advice in relation to making an application to the Court of Protection for the Court to make a decision in your family member’s best interests should they lack capacity.