At Blacks we have an affordable and practical solution to that problem.
We can offer you a complete employment protection package that will provide you with all the up-to-date employment advice you will ever need, backed by an optional insurance safety net.
Blacks Protect ring-fences, via an annual contract, the cost of taking advice on contentious employment issues and, if you take the optional insurance, the cost of an adverse finding in the Employment Tribunal.
The principal features of the scheme are:
- an audit of existing policies, procedures and documentation together with assistance with updating;
- an on-line employment management manual (updated free-of-charge to reflect changes in legislation) covering topics ranging from advertising and recruitment through to discipline and dismissal;
- training in the use of the on-line manual, if required;
- a 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, unlimited access telephone helpline manned only by solicitors specialising in employment law;
- free receipt of newsflashes and bulletins regarding important employment law developments and updates;
- invitations to Blacks' seminars, and discounted rates for employment law training sessions;
- optional health and safety advice and support; and
- optional insurance cover (underwritten at Lloyds) against any award in the Employment Tribunal (subject to the terms of the policy), up to a maximum of £250,000 (inclusive of costs) in respect of each and every claim.
This service is provided exclusively by fully-qualified solicitors. We specialise in employment law.
But we also have the wider training and experience demanded by the Law Society for qualification as a solicitor. We "think outside the box". For example, when dealing with what a client may consider is purely an employment problem, we draw on our experience and training to identify facets and issues which would be invisible to an unqualified employment consultant.
As qualified solicitors we are also required to uphold the professional and ethical standards of both the Law Society and the Solicitors Regulation Authority. There is no equivalent code (or indeed any code) relating to employment consultants. Further, although insurance forms an optional part of the Blacks Protect package, our clients have the added comfort of knowing that there is a second raft of insurance in place covering our wider activities as solicitors.
To receive a 'no obligation' quotation for the cost of providing your organisation with Blacks Protect for 12 months please contact us and we’ll send you a short proposal form.